Saturday 6 April 2013

The Hues of Hyderabad


Last year, I got a chance to visit the City of Nizams, Hyderabad. My sojourn to this city gave me great experiences, loads of pictures and of course, memories unlimited.

I started my trip with something rather un-touristy. I went to watch a movie. Not just any movie but Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. After lunch at Ohri’s, I began my city tour of Hyderabad. Char Minar was a disappointing sight as it is not at all well maintained. However, the bazaars around, where I shopped for the famous Hyderabadi pearls, surely made up for it. Street side chaats and chai were on offer everywhere as I walked through the bazaars. My traverse through the markets brought me upfront with the old world charm that this city has.

My next stop was at Lumbini Park. The huge floral clock at the entrance left me awestruck. I’d never seen such a work of art before and was completely enchanted by the perfection and beauty of it. The grand entrance led to the lush greenery and further, to the Hussain Sagar Lake. The view of the palm trees overlooking the water was simply breathtaking. 

A ferry ride took me to the center of the lake to the Buddha Statue. The lofty moonlit statue was a sight to watch and it also gave us some great opportunities to click pictures and create beautiful memories.


After breakfast at Chutneys the next day, I headed to Snow World. There were ice tables and chairs and huge slides that took you to the depths of the snow. Getting in to igloos, indulging in snowball fights, making snowmen and devouring on hot coffee and chilled kulfi – this was just some of what I did.
My trip to Hyderabad came to an official end at the famous restaurant chain, Paradise where I devoured some Hyderabadi biryani. My last shopping binge was at the airport where I picked up boxes of Karachi Bakery biscuits that Hyderabad is famous for.

Posted on: http://travel-ideas.makemytrip.com/the-hues-of-hyderabad/

No comments:

Post a Comment